CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

The most beautiful sight.


Baskin Robbins were quiet. Assistant Manager went out, another colleague has not came in for work, so I was all alone at the store. Waiting for the first costumer to spend their cash on ice-cream on a grey cold rainy day. It has been like this for about a week. No wonder the sales are down low.

I expected no customer until lunch hour, thus, I turned on my Samsung mp3 player to kill my boredom. But far from my expectation, a fine gentleman walked into Baskin with his cute little daughter. As I saw the walking into the store, I instantly snatched my earphones without even bothering to turn off the power of the mp3 player.

"Hello, welcome to Baskin Robins!" I greeted the costumer with the widest grin across my face. He was carrying his daughter in his right arm and replied my greetings with a smile. He looked very familiar. Yes, I am very sure that I've seen him somewhere, but I just couldn't recall.

Since I am a big fan of kids, I quickly offered a test spoon to his daughter and called her "beautiful". She was indeed beautiful. With big shining eyes, milky white skin, soft shoulder length black hair, she looked like a doll.

"Would you like to try some ice-cream beautiful?"

She was a bit shy and turned to her dad. He sort of said

"There, kakak is asking you" and he kissed her forehead.

The beautiful little girl nodded shyly. So I handed her a spoon of very berry strawberry. Still, she wants her dad to feed her. So he did.

I couldn't help but to stare. It was a beautiful sight. Very beautiful and familiar. The love and affection shown by the daddy. The daughter who was clinging on to her daddy. Just seem too familiar.

"Papa" I muttered out of the blue.

"Excuse me?" that man asked.

I shook my head with embarrassment and apologized. Again, he smiled. As a sign of forgiveness and placed his orders. I was starting to feel a big lump on my throat but I managed to get a hold of myself.

After he made the payment, he sat at the seating area in the store and I stood behind the counter. I know it was plain rude to stare but I just couldn't help it. First, because he has a very adorable daughter and I adore kids more than anything. Then, that gentleman reassembles Papa. My Papa. My beloved Papa. Yes, he looked like Papa. And never before in my whole entire life I met someone who looked so much like him. Furthermore, he was treating his daughter just like papa use to treat me. My heart felt so heavy but I smiled.

I smiled at the sight of Papa and me.

After almost 14 years, I get to witnessed the sight of Papa pampering me like a princess. I get to witnessed Papa kissing my forehead. I get to witnessed the sight of Papa caressing my hair although I hardly had any back them. *laugh*

I get to witnessed the sight of Papa, again.

About half and hour later, he along with his daughter bid farewell. The store was once again empty and boredom strikes back. I was holding back so hard. Telling myself not to cry. Telling myself to get a strong hold of myself. So I went back to my mp3 player. The mp3 player which I left turned on while I was busy serving the customer. Since it was turned on the whole time, the tracks kept on playing and by the time I put on the earphones, Babyface was singing the chorus of Not Going Nowhere.

Well I'm here to tell you,
you don't have to fear.
Cuz your daddy loves you,
I'm not going nowhere


Then the walls of strength collapse in an instant. My heart felt so heavy and I was choking so hard. So I ran into the storeroom and cried at the corner.

Damnit. I cried. Again.

But I didn't even know why. I had no idea what brought down my walls of strength.

Was I sad to see someone who looked so much like my Papa but really wasn't him?

or

Was I glad that I once again get set my naked eyes on the sight of Papa?

Maybe, it was both. Mixed emotions that was cause my one fact.

I miss Papa so much.

I miss Papa so much, that is why I am sad to see someone who looked so much like him but really wasn't him.

I miss Papa so much, that is why I was glad to set my naked eyes on the sight on him once again.

Now, I am certain that it was a sign from The Almighty Allah. A crystal clear sign that Papa remembers me. That Papa is always watching me. That Papa is always near me. That Papa really loves me. *cry*

Papa, I love you too. Thank you so much for coming back. Although it was just for a while. It really made me smile

16 screams:

aresha s. said...

you're very strong lily :)
and oh i feel a lump on my throat whilst reading this as well.

Lily Cartina said...

thank u aresha. *smile*

dinieezyane said...

Woww~
Be strong Lily!!

Sengal Ubi said...

Meeting you yesterday takes away all my pain. Love to see you happy. Enjoy your day everyday sis.

bulan. said...

shit.
i always wanna cry when reading something that u wrote.
u are a good writer.i haven't change my mind yet.
if you publish some sort of writings,i'll buy it.

Lily Cartina said...

to bulan :
u're an amazing writer yourself. *smile*

arnie azreen said...

awhhh..
your papa is always around u and there for you..
u know that right?
:)

otit said...

demmit.
i wasn't expecting to read this ntry.but u make a gentlemen dropping tears in the middle of his class while curi2 reading ur blog.

ok,i hv 2 admit.u're such a talented writer..and u knw wht..u're full of spirit n strong too.keep that willpower with you and i m sure no thunder can bring u down.

nak eskrim free~~ngeeee

Daoz said...

this is one touching entry.may Allah bless you n ur late dad.

Lily Cartina said...

to arnie : yes arnie. papa is always with me. *smile*

to tito : okay tito! now dont read my blog while u're in class. lol. not a thunder can bring me down. hell yeah! i have the will of steel! heh.

Lily Cartina said...

to daoz : thank you. may allah bless you too.

[c.d.a.]♥caca said...

it's a beautiful sight indeed! *wink*

Lily Cartina said...

glad you agree. *smile*

sH@h @nDy said...

be strong sis...
i know such of that feeling...
we're in the same situation...
just pray for the best for him..

hEMoHemO87 said...

salam..
this entry was realy touching..
it goes deep in my heart..
s u know,we're in the same condition..but now,it's even worse for me...
jus 3 months ago i've completely lost a whole of me..
sometimes i wonder how was i going through after dis..
but Allah is the almighty..
consider urself lucky cos u still hv ur mom by ur side...
treasure her when u still hv the time..

RaSyA aLyA said...

menitis air mata bc post yg ini...u r great gul..realy adore u =]